- 6-packs: $9.04, up 1 cent
- 22-ounce bombers: $4.94, down 14 cents
- 6-packs (sale price): $8.74, up 5 cents
- 22-ounce bombers (sale price): $4.78, down 12 cents
- 16 oz. draft: $4.33, unchanged
- 16 oz. draft (happy hour): $3.57, unchanged
Six-pack prices continue their upward trend, but the regular bomber price of $4.94 is the lowest (adjusted) price I've recorded in the two-plus years of the index. The huge drops in the bomber numbers are all attributable to lower prices on the high-end bombers: Pelican, Rogue, and Beer Valley. Pelican IPA continues to give me trouble. I only found it at two stores in my survey this time, though both of them had it at the entirely reasonable price of $5.
Remember, this is not a complaint about beer prices, it's an exercise in tracking price trends over time. Click here for an explanation of how the PBPI numbers are gathered. Join me at the winter solstice for the fourth quarter PBPI.