The Summer 2011 PBPI is as follows:
- 6-packs: $9.03, up 11 cents
- 22-ounce bombers: $5.08, up 8 cents
- 6-packs (sale price): $8.69, up 11 cents
- 22-ounce bombers (sale price): $4.90, up 5 cents
- 16 oz. draft: $4.33, up 4 cents
- 16 oz. draft (happy hour): $3.57, up 5 cents
On the bomber side, I had hoped Beer Valley Leafer Madness would be a more permanently available choice than Pelican IPA, but Fred Meyer has stopped carrying Leafer, and I didn't see it at QFC either. Reluctantly, I will leave both Pelican and Leafer in for now, since each is available at 3 of the 5 locations I canvass.
One change to the PBPI that I'm excited about is that I added a fifth store to the retail survey: Pearl Specialty Market. Despite my efforts to compile a list of beers that are pretty universally available, it's surprisingly difficult to find a store that carries all of them. I was very happy to notice that Pearl does carry them, so I added the store to the survey. That addition also helps the bomber sale price numbers, since if you buy 6 bombers at Pearl, you get a 10% discount.
Look for the next PBPI around the fall equinox.