The last entry mentioned that the Tugboat brewpub downtown often pours beers from Off the Rail Brewing (which I mistakenly called "Off the Rails"), the brewery that names most of their beers after Ozzy Osbourne or Black Sabbath songs. Corey commented that OtR is out of business -- which is also the impression I had, based on a Belmont Station blog entry a few months ago -- but the Tugboat people scoffed at the idea.
So I shot Off the Rail an email to see what was up, and got this reply from Antoinette Bragdon: "Nope this is a rumor started some time ago that refuses to die. Here to Stay!". I guess my rock lyric memory isn't what it used to be, because at first I was surprised that she would pick the phrase "Here to stay" from a Motorhead song (Built for Speed), instead of something more Sabbathy, like "Never say die". Google was able to remind me that it's also a line in Ozzy's You Can't Kill Rock And Roll.
She also gave me some tips on where to find Off the Rail beer around town:
- Pizza Schmizza: various locations
- Pub at the End of the Universe: hmmm, not far from Hopworks
- Nuestra Cocina: SE Division
- Rock n Roll Pizza: way SE Powell
- Greek Village Tavern: Beaverton
- Malone's Ale House: Beaverton
- Malone's Cafe and Bar: Beaverton